2. You must be 18 years and older to use this website.
3. You agree to abide by these Terms.
4. The content on this web site does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. If you want legal advice, please consult a lawyer. While we would welcome the opportunity to consider being your lawyer, we accept clients only in accordance with certain procedures and render legal advice only after completion of those procedures and when it is legally permissible for us to do so. The content presented on this web site is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The mere receipt of an email from us, by itself, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please note that no attorney-client relationship with Laura Peter can be created without an express agreement between the parties. The content of any e-mail sent to this site, or to any of its lawyers at the e-mail addresses set forth in this web site, will not be treated as confidential unless there is an existing attorney-client relationship between us and the party sending the information.
5. We will gladly review your problems per your contacting us at info@GlobalGeneralCounsel.com. In the event of any dispute, you agree to contact us so that we may seek to resolve the dispute. In the event we are unable to resolve a dispute, either party may seek to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration or mediation by a mutually agreed upon alternative dispute resolution provider. The arbitration will be conducted solely by telephone and the party receiving an award may have it entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event either party rejects the alternative dispute resolution process, you agree that suit will be filed in San Francisco County, California, U.S.A. and that you submit to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in filed in San Francisco County, California, U.S.A..
6. The team members of Global General Counsel are separate and independent law firms and there is no legal relationship between the firms or with Global General Counsel itself. No member firm is responsible for the professional services performed by any other member firm. Global General Counsel itself is not a partnership and does not provide any professional services, either in its own name or otherwise.
7. Statement in Compliance with California Professional Code and Rules. This Web site is a communication providing public information about our availability for professional employment. It is not an advertisement. In the event that you wish to contact us, you should not transmit any confidential information to us until an attorney-client relationship is established.
8. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, WE PROVIDE OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We specifically disclaim the accuracy of the information and content on our website and reserve the right to correct inaccurate information and/or content. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (B) $100. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
10. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, associates, agents, attorneys, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
11. You may not use the website or Service for any illegal purpose. You agree to comply with all applicable laws.
14. We each are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms. These Terms shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in San Francisco, California, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8 and Section 9. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. Any rule of construction to the effect that ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party shall not apply in interpreting this Agreement. The headings in this Agreement are included for convenience only and shall neither affect the construction or interpretation of any provision of this Agreement nor affect any of the rights or obligations of the parties to this Agreement. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed as much as possibly consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of the website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
15. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Site (excluding legal action taken by us or you to collect or recover damages for, or obtain any injunction relating to, intellectual property ownership or infringement), shall be settled solely by confidential binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in San Francisco, California. Each party shall bear one-half of the arbitration fees and costs incurred through JAMS, and each party shall bear its own attorneys' fees.
16. The team members of Global General Counsel own all the intellectual property (including content, graphics, designs, trademarks, logos, buttons, icons, scripts and service names) contained on the website and grants you a limited license to view the intellectual property while you are using the website. Use of the website within “frames” is prohibited. Hypertext links to the website are permitted so long as the linking website does not have obscene or offensive materials and does not portray our website in a misleading or derogatory manner.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us at info@GlobalGeneralCounsel.com.
Information We Gather: We do not collect and store Personal Information that specifically identifies you.
Advertising: We may send you email communications. You may opt out of receiving these email communications either when you register or by contacting us at info@GlobalGeneralCounsel.com. We do not send any of your Personal Information to our advertisers. You may see a cookie from a third-party banner server, and this cookie comes from the third-party banner server, not us.
Contractors: To the extent necessary to provide the website, we may provide your Personal Information to third party contractors who work on behalf of us to provide you Services, to help us communicate with you or to maintain the website. However, these contractors will sign appropriate non-disclosure agreements to protect your Personal Information.
Security: We will use commercially reasonable methods to keep Personal Information securely in our files and systems.
Regarding Children: We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about Visitors who are under the age of 13.
Effective Date: January 1, 2011